10 Ways Home Care Services Make Life Better for Seniors
It’s an undeniable fact: the overwhelming majority of today’s older individuals would rather age at home instead of facing a move to a nursing home or assisted living facility. And with good rationale: home care services allow older adults to experience safety and stability, while retaining the comfort and familiarity of home and their neighborhood community.
When the challenges of aging or chronic conditions cause concerns to arise about a senior’s ability to remain safely at home, home care is a viable option. A professional home care agency, like Hillendale Home Care, one of the top providers of home care in Walnut Creek, CA and the surrounding area, can be of great assistance.
For instance, consider these top ways that in-home care services can help seniors:
- All in all, home care contributes to an increased satisfaction with life.
- Professional home care services offer dignity, independence and comfort for older adults.
- Home care promotes healing. Research has disclosed that patients heal much faster in the home versus in a hospital or nursing home; and utilizing home care services yields a significantly lower chance of re-hospitalization during the recovery process.
- Home care supports and helps families stay together, empowering them to be more engaged in the senior’s care.
- Home care provides personalized care customized to the needs of the family and the older adult.
- Elder care services are supplied one-on-one, providing more private attention and care than a nursing home or assisted living facility. There is never a necessity for a senior to wait for his or her turn when care is needed.
- An in-home caregiver can prepare balanced and nourishing meals that appeal to the senior and also monitor the total amount of food eaten.
- A personalized daily fitness program approved by a physician can be implemented, with the additional safeguard of a professional caregiver being present.
- The comfort of the familiarity of home is invaluable, whether that includes just relaxing in a favorite chair or enjoying a daily cup of cocoa in a familiar breakfast nook.
- Home care offers accompanied transportation to and from countless appointments, social events or errands, allowing families increased quality time together in addition to more peace of mind.
Hillendale Home Care’s professional care experts provide tailored home care services that meet each person’s specific needs, making it possible for increased safety and wellbeing, right in the comfort of home. Contact us online or at 925-933-8181 for more information and to request a complimentary in-home consultation.
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
[…] trouble with any activities of daily living or instrumental activities of daily living, investigate in-home senior care as an option. At Hillendale Home Care, we provide a complete in-home assessment, and after […]
Comments are closed.