Recognizing the best place to turn with regard to the latest, most reliable info on COVID-19, particularly as it relates to the elderly and family caregivers who provide care assistance for them, is important – and can be difficult. Because of so many crisis resources and different opinions on this extraordinary subject, we wanted to help make it simpler to locate what you need by compiling the subsequent list of reliable resources.
- AARP Answers Commonly Asked Questions About COVID-19: AARP provides an ongoing bulleted list of all of the current updates pertaining to COVID-19, plus what older adults can do to lower their likelihood of contracting it and answers to several common questions.
- Resources and Articles for Caregivers on COVID-19 Safety: The Family Caregiver Alliance offers caregiver-specific resources and information to help family caregivers optimize the safety of the seniors in their care.
- COVID-19 Guidance for Older Adults: The CDC’s COVID-19 Guidance for Older Adults web page features a great deal of information, such as assistance with identifying who is at higher risk, symptoms, how to safeguard yourself, a checklist for your home, stress and anxiety coping tips, plus much more.
- Coronavirus: What Older Adults and People With Disabilities Need to Know: ACL provides information on what the elderly and people with disabilities need to know to avoid acquiring and spreading the disease, including symptoms, state-by-state guidelines, and a thorough list of federal and non-federal resources.
- Extensive Frequently Asked Questions List on Family Caregiver COVID-19 Issues: DailyCaring, an award-winning website aimed at caregivers, created a frequently asked questions page to provide answers to lots of questions, such as precautions to take when visiting an older adult’s home, how exactly to sanitize packages, proper handwashing techniques, and more.
- NAHC COVID-19 Senior Care Resources: The National Association for Home Care & Hospice advocates for the millions of seniors who receive in-home care, and also for individuals who provide that care. Their COVID-19 reference page provides articles, webinars, interactive tools, and more.
For further crisis resources to help stop the spread of COVID-19, and for safe, reliable, in-home care to improve wellness and comfort for the seniors you love, contact Hillendale Home Care, the top providers of eldercare in Walnut Creek, CA and the surrounding area. Adhering to a rigid protocol to ensure the safety of the seniors we serve, we are able to assist with a wide range of services, which include:
- Buying groceries and running other errands, to allow older adults to remain safe at home
- Planning and preparing nourishing meals
- Companionship to help ease isolation and stress through social interaction, films, hobbies/interests, games, puzzles, and more
- Keeping the home clean and sanitized
- Medication reminders
- Specialized care for people diagnosed with dementia
- And many more